30 for 30

/
0 Comments
So I lied when I said I would be posting the next day about our exciting *THIS MONTH* news. I kinda thought YESTERDAY was the end of the month instead of TODAY- Silly me, I can't read a calendar!

So I'm really excited to share with you today what we will be doing over the course of this next month.
As most of you know, D. & I have been trying to figure out numerous ways that we can cut back in our lives.
We are seeking less consumerism and figuring out ways to reuse as well as simplify our lifestyle.

For a long time now, I have been following numerous blogs & came across this awesome idea of 30 for 30.
The idea of this challenge is that you take 30 items from your closet to wear for 30 days [or to make 30 outfits].
During this time you can't use anything else from your closet minus accessories & more "personal" items.
You also can't buy anything {meaning clothing items} over the course of the next 30 day. period.
This is a great way to learn how to use the things that you DO have in your closet as well as finding ways to be creative & imaginative with what little you are working with for the moment. 

So here's the run down of what we will be wearing over the next few weeks:
H. :
IMG_0883
IMG_0627
IMG_0621
IMG_0638
IMG_0641
IMG_0643
IMG_0650
IMG_0654

D. :
IMG_0861
IMG_0863
IMG_0877
IMG_0881
IMG_0874
IMG_0871

I think the biggest thing I have realized about my life is that I'm constantly buying things, but not really taking the worth from what I essentially do have.
Therefore, I really don't know how to "use" my closet.
So, I think this will be a positive way to change some habits of my lifestyle. 
Plus since D. is doing it with me, I think we'll have a lot of fun with it!

Here's to our challenge!


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.