Experiencing Humility

/
0 Comments
Sometimes when it starts raining, it pours.
I feel so helpless & I feel it's one thing after another engulfing me.
I want to grasp control of the things I'm losing grip of-
To find a way I can solve the issues surrounding me-
To fix things myself.

But today I realized something.
I realized that sometimes pride can get in the way-
Sometimes I can't solve things alone-
Sometimes all I need to do is simply humble myself & ask for help.
That sometimes I don't always have the right answers & sometimes I by myself am powerless.
I need to remember I have constantly people surrounding me and supporting me.
That I'm not alone.
That I am loved.

So,
Thank you.
Today I needed that.

And after the storm,
I run and run as the rains come
And I look up, I look up,
on my knees and out of luck,
I look up.

Night has always pushed up day
You must know life to see decay
But I won't rot, I won't rot
Not this mind and not this heart,
I won't rot.


And I took you by the hand
And we stood tall,
And remembered our own land,
What we lived for.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

...
Well I'm scared of what's behind and what's before,
But I won't rot.
-Mumford & Sons After the Storm




You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.