Puppy Treats

/
0 Comments
Today was a fairly lazy day-- I had the day off from work today and my puppies were being so good, I did not want to disturb them. So, I sat around and did nothing all day- it was fabulous!
However, I felt the need to do at least something profitable with my day, so I decided I would attempt at making puppy treats for my little ones [by little, I mean not at all].
I found a link here that had a basic and easy recipe with ingredients you can find in your every day household. 
The pups were super excited about these.


What you'll need to begin:
  • 2 cups of whole wheat flour [I only had all purpose in my home, so I opted for that]
  • 1 tablespoon of baking powder
  • 1 cup of peanut butter
  • 1 cup of nonfat milk [or 1% in my case]
Preheat oven to 375 F

  1. Combine flour and baking powder together in a large bowl
  2. Mix the peanut butter and milk together in a smaller bowl
  3. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture
  4. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface
  5. Roll out dough
  6. Cut out shapes [or in my case, use a cup]
  7. Put dough on a greased baking sheet & bake for 18-20 minutes
  8. Allow to cool & let your puppies enjoy!

* To keep the biscuits in best condition, store in an air tight container-- or in my case, use the cute doggy cookie jar I got from Crate & Barrel. 











You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.