Thankful for Freedom

/
0 Comments
I don't care what your views are on the war
Or what your political stance might be.
I don't care if you think it's right or wrong that we're in Iraq,
Or who you think the next best candidate for president might be.

Tonight I'm not here to discuss nor debate,
but simply show my thankfulness.
Today, I'm thankful for my freedom.

I'm thankful that I can have religious freedom and the ability to openly worship God.
I'm thankful that I don't have to worry about my safety as I walk down the sidewalk or have to wonder if I'll even see another day.
I'm thankful that I have the opportunity to speak out against injustice,
and I'm thankful that I have the chances to voice my opinions.
I'm thankful that I don't live in a country where my gender status makes me inferior-
That I have the power to rise above and prove my worth.
That I don't live in fear.
That I can live free and freely live.

I live in freedom because of those who are willing to sacrifice.
Those who are willing to fight.
Those who are willing to give.
Today I want to say a special thank you to veterans as well as those who currently serve;
Thank you for your sacrifice so that I can live free.
Thank you for my freedom.
::happy vet's day::


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.