How to Make Granola Bars

/
0 Comments
If you are like me,
You hate looking at the $8.00 box of granola bars sitting in the grocery aisles and knowing it's hard to rationalize spending that money for 6 little bars.
Every time I sit there looking at the boxes I go, you know, I should totally make my own!
So I finally found a recipe that I really love (thank you allrecipes.com) and the plus side to this recipe is that you can totally use anything you have in your cupboard.
What You'll Need
  • 3 cups of quick-cooking oats
  • 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
  • 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
  • 1 cup of flaked coconut**
  • 1 cup of sliced almonds**
  • 1 cup of miniture chocolate chips**
  • 1/2 cup of dried cranberries**
**These items can change- be creative! Try using soy nuts, add in wheat germ, mix in blueberries.

Preheat oven to 350
Simply combine all the ingredients together and mix well.
Grab a baking sheet, put some wax paper down, and flatten mixture onto pan (wax paper keeps it from sticking to the pan)
Bake for 25 minutes or until edges are browned.
Let pan completely cool and cut into bars.
We let our bars completely cool down for a couple hours to allow them to harden. 



You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.