UGH

/
3 Comments

Remember yesterday how I said it has been one of those days? Well to be honest, it's been one of those weeks...one of those many weeks. 
Friends, I think I am just totally and utterly burned out.
I'm panicking. 
It's like I woke up one day and realized I'm not really doing anything I'm passionate about. I'm not in school pursuing what I want to do & I'm not in areas I see myself long term.
Realistically, I know this is all just part of the growing up process, but, it kind of scares me. I know people always say "Oh, you're young, you have plenty of time to decided!" But really, in this economy, is there the leniency for that to really happen? Most jobs are requiring to be specialized in an area or have a Master's degree not to mention years of experience. My degree? It's in Psychology-- how ridiculously generic is that and my experience is being a recruiter and working at Starbucks. I mean I definitely learned a lot from my Psych courses and they really have helped me out especially from a customer service aspect. But really, I wish I had set a game plan for myself, at least had more of a direction. Now I'm sitting here with a Psychology degree and where can I go with it? My only real option is a Master's degree in a more specialized area, which means more schooling and a longer waiting period to even start applying to those higher up positions that sounds appealing. But then what about the needed experience in the specialized area? 
It's just frustrating and complicated and I really wish now that I had listened more to the advice that had been given to me years back.
Ugh.
I know it will all turn out okay in the end, I just wish sometimes I knew more what the outcome to my life would be.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ok, ok, I'm done ranting and raving.
I think it's time for some nice comfy sweats, a mug of hot chocolate, and a few hours of doing absolutely nothing at all.




You may also like

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/28/2012

    I know the feeling all to well heidi!! I have yet to finish my aa in education bc well i ended up having reganne and ryleigh, we got married and moved to jacksonville area. i have no time to get back in school especially with my job that i hate. chris tells me all the time i need to get back into school but i dk... i sit back and look at him.. hes finished his degree, hes in medic school and he is doing what he wants to know. yes i have been able to allow him to do so but i dk its frustrating non the less knowing i want so much more and as of now cant succeed at it. im looking for a new job now and its exactly that needs this degree or that degree this many years of experience. its a tough tough rd out there. but heidi we are doing it my friend... you have an amazing husband and puppies, i have my amazing husband and kids (including dog) and even tho i wish i dream and get frustrated with the what if i did it this way i wouldnt trade it all for anything in the world. we will eventuatlly get there one day soon! love you girl and miss you!!! liz stokes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend! It's good to know I'm not alone in my frustrations :) Thank goodness for our little families to keep us going :)

      Delete
  2. Anonymous3/29/2012

    I think everyone has some of these feelings no matter where they are in their life. But school will be a few years of crazy stress & no sleep. And there are going to be times when your doing it & you think "what the heck am I doing here, I just want to quit". But what keeps me going is knowing that I will eventually be doing what I've always wanted to do. I did psych also, I don't regret it, but I am taking a buttload of extra classes to actually get where I want to be. So even though it absolutely sucks now, in the end I will hopefully have a secure job and be doing something everyday that I love. I say take the risk and go for it. If you know your not happy right now, then figure out what makes you happy and do it. Only change will get you there. You have a wonderful husband and family and friends that I know will support you. You can do eeeetttt!!! Love you Heids!!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.