Easter Weekend

/
0 Comments
Photobucket
Oh I wish every weekend was a three day weekend!
Seriously,
It was fabulous.
On Friday, D and I took a little morning hike and then spend the rest of the day getting things cleaned up and organized around the house. There's just something about refreshing a place that makes me happy. We then celebrated the accomplishment with Chinese takeout and of course a little Lost watching.
On Saturday, we packed up the car and the pups and headed out to the in-laws to celebrate Easter with them. We of course had too much ridiculously good food and had lots of amazing time to relax. We also hit up the Gap Outlet in Cincinatti and oh.my.word I feel like I died and went to retail heaven! There were so many incredible finds including a pair of Blowfish wedges and a pair of Banana Republic $5 jeans. D made off equally as well. 
On Sunday, we awoke to coffee brewing and a delicious breakfast casserole and basically just soaked in the wonderfully warm weather we've been experiencing. We topped off Sunday with an Easter basket packed with lots of goodies and enjoyed a yummy meal that included a homemade macaroni and cheese that I can't wait to share with you! 
Needless to say, I was less than thrilled to head back to work on Monday but I trudged through it and ended up getting to go to a training series in working with women who are victims of sex trafficking. I've talked about it a little here, but wow guys, there's some sad statistics out there. 
It just made me stop and think.
We're so quick to judge an individual. Seriously though, when is the last time you look at a prostitute and didn't think they were dirty or look at a homeless person and wonder why they just don't get off their lazy butt and get a job. To be honest, I know I've thought those things; I really try to be a kind and compassionate person, but hey, there are times my human side kicks in and I forget that these people are still human. Many of these prostitutes are out on the streets because they have been manipulated and brainwashed. They are drugged and beaten. These women stop feeling like they are worthy or good enough and instead turn to their pride because that is the only thing they have left. But when it comes down to it, they are still human and they still have the right to be treated as a human and loved as a human.
Let's not forget when it comes down to it, we are all the same; we all have our downfalls and we all have our demons. The thing that will fix this all is simply remembering to love and to show compassion when people need compassion.


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.