I'm just a girl...

/
3 Comments
D tells me I can't watch the news anymore... every time I try to watch it I get all depressed.
Why can't the news just be...nice?
It's funny because I'm not usually a super emotional person, on the contrary I'm fairly happy-go-lucky, but I really don't deal well with injustice in the world and realities of situations tend to hit me pretty hard.
For instance: 
I cried on Hotel Rwanda & was a blubbering mess at the end. 
{Poor D, we were just starting to date at the time and I don't really think he knew what to do}
I was so broken when I watched the Boy in the Striped Pajamas-- really though, anything related to the inhumane treatment of people breaks my heart.
I can't handle it when bad things happen to little children or little old people; it gets me angry, then sad, then angry all over again.
Documentaries make me a mess.
I cried watching youtube videos of soldiers coming home and surprising their families.
& take last night.
Last Night I couldn't even handle the concept that a favorite blogger of mine was getting a divorce; I don't even know the girl but it just made my heart so sad for her, for him, for the whole situation.
I think sometimes I'm just too empathetic or sympathetic or something along that line.
Or maybe I just don't know how to handle the outrage and the overwhelmingness I face when I watch these type of things.
Or maybe I'm just a girl.
Either or, I don't know how D handles it all but I appreciate that he'll sit and listen to me as I go on and on about the things that make me so very heartbroken and upset.
He's just too good.


You may also like

3 comments:

  1. I feel you...I am the exact same way.
    Ive turned into such a cry baby at things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.