Staycation: More Kayaking Expeditions

/
0 Comments
For our final full day of our staycation D and I had thought about going to King's Island for the day;
however, it was just such a nice day and there were so many other little things we wanted to do so we opted to stay home.
This of course meant we took another kayaking adventure.
We decided to hit up the local river that runs along our house versus the reservoir we had kayaked on earlier this week.
I was really happy with this decision; the reservoir was fun but the river was exciting and adventurous. Because the water is so shallow, not many people are located out on these waters and most of the water is hidden by the trees so you can only get to the water by trails.
We got to see lots of geese, mommy and baby ducks, 14 shopping carts (what?), and a random fisherman or two. 
I felt like we were a part of Where the Wild Things Grow or Into the Wild, except there were no monsters (unless you count garbage) and no one died at the end.
Oh well, it was still exciting.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
After all the excitement I was exhausted so we came back, made tacos, and then I slept for way too long of a time.
We then decided to wrap up the night by going to see The Avengers.
Can I just say that I absolutely loved this movie.
It was funny, had good deal of action, and Thor might I add wasn't too sore on the eyes.
Overall D & I gave it both two thumbs up!
(You have to see it in Imax 3D- so worth the extra cash)
photo132
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Thank you D for such a wonderful staycation,
I couldn't imagine any one else I'd rather have spent my week with.
You are such a wonderful husband and best friend.
xoxo,
H


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.