Small-town USA

/
5 Comments
If you would have told me 10 years ago that I would be working and residing in a little town up in Ohio, I would have said you were crazy.
If you told me 5 years ago that my time in Ohio would extend past graduating college, I would have called you nuts. 
If you would have told me a few weeks right before D & I's wedding that we would still be here 2 years later, well I just wouldn't have believed you.

It's funny how our lives can change over an extended period of time and how everything we said we would never do, somehow we end up doing.
&
All the things we said were just crazy talk became a reality.
We can buck the system all we want, but that doesn't mean we're going to get what we want.

I think these last couple years have really taught me a lot. 
These years have taught me no matter how detailed out you want your life to be, it will never go exactly as planned.
I've learned that sometimes the places you've tried your hardest to avoid, you'll end up in those same exact places and you'll actually learn to appreciate things about those places.
I've also learned that God's timing on things won't always be our own timing. 
& I've learned you'll meet some pretty awesome people along the way.

It's crazy the route my life has taken since leaving Florida 5 years ago, but I'm honestly so excited to see what will happen over these next five years.
D & I have big dreams for our lives and I feel such a peace about what we want to do,
But I'm ultimately learning that it will have to all come in God's timing of when those things will happen and we just have to learn to trust that His timing is right.
We can start planning all we want, but until we get the go ahead from the Big Guy, we will still be a part of those things that surround us. 
Sometimes there are things we have to learn that we can only learn by being in them in that particular  moment in time.
Sometimes we can't complete something until we learn something.

It's definitely a humbling experience...

So, God, bring on those next 5 years.
I'm ready for you to do some pretty rad things in my life
&
I trust you'll do some pretty awesome unplanned things along the way.



You may also like

5 comments:

  1. :) I feel ya!
    I WILL have a house soon! (I hope haha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Hey, the one next to us is available...just saying :)

      Delete
  2. I wish you would stick around these parts forever. But that's just me being selfish. :) I'm sure Will and V say the same :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha- I would love to be by your family always. You guys are so many types of wonderful!

      Delete
  3. I cannot even express how much I completely understand every word of this.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.