The Refectory

/
0 Comments
Last night D and I went on a much needed date night.
With the chaos and disorder that we call life these days, we were long overdue for some legit quality time [I'm pretty sure our last "date night" was some time in August].
Since my birthday this year fell on such a crazy time, we never really got a chance to celebrate it, so we decided a fancy date was definitely in order.
D surprised me and made reservations at a restaurant in Columbus that we've been dying to try.
The Refectory is this old church turned restaurant and from what I saw of the pictures, I really wanted to experience a dinner there.
I loved getting a chance to sit below the original high rise ceilings of the old church and being surrounded by the beautiful stain glass windows.
Even the seating had a beautiful vintage feel to it all and the atmosphere was cozy and sophisticated.
It was absolutely beautiful.
Plus, the food was nothing to sneeze at either.
I ordered a mussle soup and a vegetable pasta and D had a delicious looking brisket meal.
The soup honestly was probably one of the best I've had in a long time.
I could have probably just made a meal off of that and their yummy bread.
Overall,
It was just really nice getting to spend some time with D and talk about life, our future, and what lies ahead. Sometimes in the hustle and bustle, we forget to take time to just sit and enjoy each other's company. We forget to just be.
But man,
It's nice to remember that I just love that boy so much for so many different reasons.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
And before I leave,

Thank you everyone for the outpouring of support and congratulations on my announcing of the new job yesterday!
It's made me feel so very blessed and loved -- I appreciate you all  
:)

xoxo.


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.