DIY: How to Patch a Hole

/
0 Comments
Photobucket
If you are like me, you are not careful.
This means, you will frequently damage your clothes.
&
If you are like me, you will be a clothes hoarder and try to find any way to salvage clothing items.
I mean seriously,
 What's the point of getting more new clothes if they are only going to get ruined?!

So here's a little way I was able to save my clothing and use supplies I already had on hand:

What You'll Need:
  • Needle/Thread
  • Scissors
  • Old scrap material
  • Paper to create a "pattern"/Marker

1. Create a pattern that you want to use-- I chose hearts. I recommend the bigger the better -- My first two hearts were a little too small and it makes them harder to recognize once you actually start patching.
 2. Pin the pattern to the clothing item you are looking to fix. 
 3. Trace around the pattern.
 4. Cut out the shape from the material. Find your scrap material and make sure it's bigger than the hole you are attempting to fix.
5. Place material behind the hole you are fixing and pin it in place.
 6. Sew a simple stich around the edge.
 7. And, you're done...that is, until the next hole you create.




You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.