New York, New York (Part One)

/
0 Comments
Over the weekend I had the chance to take a little mini girl's weekend with my mom and my sister to New York City. [Which I'm sure most of you who follow along with me on Instagram already figured out] We had THE best time and I'm pretty sure we ate our weight in food. Not complaining. The only thing I'm sad about in regards to the whole trip is that it wasn't nearly long enough.


On Friday, we all woke up bright and early, my sister & mom from Florida and myself from Ohio, to make our flights into NYC. Once we finally all met at the NYC airport, we took a taxi into the city to check our bags at the hotel and to see if our room was available. During this trip, we ended up getting the chance to stay at the Waldorf Astoria off of Park Avenue and oh my goodness, it was beautiful! We were right in the middle of the city and close enough to walk most places during our trip. Since we arrived a little before check in, we decided to drop off our bags and grab some true New York Style Pizza. We ventured out on the town [and navigated our first subway trip for the weekend, that was an adventure in itself] and headed to Lombardi's Pizza to grab some yummy food. We decided on some bruschetta and an original cheese pizza. It was delicious! After lunch, we were finally able to check into our hotel and decided to freshen up after our day of travel in order to get ready for dinner & a show that night.





My sister use to work with a guy that originally worked in NY at St. Andrew's Pub which is an upscale pub known for their Scotch. We decided to give the restaurant a try and it worked out perfectly because we were right by the Richard Rodgers theatre which was where our show was that night. Thanks to Ashley's friend's suggestion, we decided on their dinner theatre special which featured an amazing salad, Salmon entree, and Creme Brulee for dessert. It was so good and I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a good place to eat near Time Square! After dinner, we headed out to our show for the night which was Tennessee Williams' Cat on a Hot Tin Roof starring Scarlett Johansson. It was a great show but I do admit it was kind of long, especially after traveling all day! Overall though, I still thoroughly enjoyed the story-line and although I am not a huge Scarlett fan, I actually feel she did a really great job in her part as Maggie. By the time we got out of the show, it was already close to 11 PM and we were more than ready for bed. We took a few cheesy pictures in Time Square and then called it quits for the night to prepare for another long day ahead of us the next morning morning.




You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.