To Be Wild

/
0 Comments
On Saturday morning, the pups and I took our daily run through the woods.
Watching the dogs run around completely leash-less and free just once again brought to mind the longing I believe lies deep down within each of us to be a little bit wild, to be a little untamed.
It was a reminder that no matter how hard we try to train and domesticate our dogs, when they are within their natural element, there will always be that wild animal...
There are just parts of them that will never be tamed.
And as I though on that idea, I thought about myself and no matter how established my life might become and no matter who I work for, there will always be this side of me that will be slightly wild... there is part of me who will never be tamed or controlled by society.
I will always be that individual.
I will always have that ridiculous side of me that will come out sporadically and I hope to God I continue to be my own goofy self.
I never want to become another corporate big shot or a money hungry CEO if it means losing myself in the process...
I never want to live life if it means I might slowly die out that part of me that is a bit eccentric and different...
I never want to come to a place in life that I would even fathom compromising who I am.

I want to always feel most alive when I'm in nature...
I want to always feel complete as I soak in the tranquility and peace of the silence that surrounds me...
I want to always be reminded about just how little we need to survive...
I want to remember that money can not buy this kind of content...
I want to feel I'm not just living, but living well.
I want to feel as excited and content as those crazy pups are as they run leash-less, splashing in the water and chasing deer through the woods...
To always be free and to be a bit wild... that's what I want.







You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.