Home Refresh

/
5 Comments
Lately D. has been scavenging furniture- 
He's finding things in dumpsters & on the sides of the road.
I have to admit, they are some pretty sweet finds,
but I can't help but crack up every time I enter my garage & feel like we are the next episode of "Hoarders."

Our long term project idea for this summer is to re-do old furniture & give a refresh to our home by painting & moving things around.
How exciting to think we've already been in our home for about a year!
Here's a few before shots of the rooms we are planning to change around:
Our Living  Room
This will become a dining room

*Our room- Not Pictured because welllll, it is a mess*
& here is my project  ideas for this week:
Dresser
Head Board
Bookshelf
I am planning on repainting all these to put in D. & I's room.
Any ideas to what else we could do to help improve our rooms?
I'd love any suggestions! :)



You may also like

5 comments:

  1. I love before and after pictures! Great idea repainting them. With the bookshelf you can add accessories to the sides going up. For a girl's room, vines/flowers, etc :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie! I think those are awesome ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4/03/2011

    Sounds like fun! Check out these blogs, I think you'll like them!
    http://www.bowerpowerblog.com/
    http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4/20/2011

    Ooh! On the dresser you can search for a bunch of unique looking knobs (assuming the ones on there come off). That's always a fun little addition!

    -Lana :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's a really good idea too! I didn't think about that!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.