Homemade Calzones

/
0 Comments
Tonight I decided to try making calzones to mix up the old pizza routine & to use some of my delicious all organic veggies for my last Green B.E.A.N. Delivery-
Overall it was pretty easy & absolutely delicious.
D. put it on our list of things I'll make again in the future:
What You'll Need:
  • Pizza Dough {I like using the Chef Boyardee Mix}
  • Pizza Sauce {See recipe below if lacking any like I did tonight}
  • Veggie or other Assorted Toppings
  • Cheese
What You'll Need: {For Pizza Sauce}
  • 3 minced garlic cloves
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 can tomato puree {Recipe called for 29 oz. I only ended up using about 9 oz & it turned out fine}
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
Simply sauté garlic in olive oil until tender, mix in other ingredients and allow to boil. Once mixture has boiled, simmer to desired consistency- approximately 15 minutes.


Easy Breezy Directions: {Calzone Style}
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Roll out dough in a rectangular type shape
3. Make sure to place dough on a pan or a wooden cutting board to make the transition easy from counter top to oven.
4. Place sauce, veggies, and cheese down the center of the dough
5. Cut 3/4 inch strips along the sides
6. Crosshatch the strips across the calzone {Or if you used a pizza stone like I did, bring strips together [I didn't stop to think that a pizza stone is hot and would start cooking the strips, making them less "dough"ish]}
7. Place in oven and cook for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked underneath

8. Eat to your hearts content- Or in D.'s case, eat the whole stinking thing! {Loving the pizza sauce on the nose}



You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.