Last Moments

/
0 Comments
Today was my last day at the office and let me tell you, it feels so bittersweet.
I will miss many of my awesome co-workers and a few special students I hold dear to my heart, 
But friends, I am so ready to move on.
I'm ready to start a new chapter in my life and begin my actual career.
I'm ready to do something different and be a part of something bigger [literally]. 

And of course, today was such a busy one with trying to wrap up last minute details and cleaning up my equipment/office space. 
It didn't help any that I had back-to-back appointments all day, which makes all those "must do's" next to impossible.
Thankfully I finished before I actually ended up ripping my hair out. 
The best part of the day was my co-workers taking me out for a good-bye lunch.
Sitting around with them, joking around and having some goods laughs was just the best way to spend today. Man. I'm going to miss them!
They really have been wonderful and have helped keep me sane these last 6 months.
I wish so much I could just take them with me, but I guess the new chapter in my life wouldn't be the same if I just did what is comfortable and easy.
What a journey.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
So how does one officially celebrate their last day of work?
By spending time with the family of course!
We grabbed dinner at Wings & Rings and then went bowling.
It was a blast, minus the fact that I pretty much detest bowling.
Bowling just can't keep my attention long enough and I kind of just sit there and lazy bowl.
But spending time with incredible people is always a good thing, so I guess it's worth having to bowl for an hour & a half.
[yikes]

And right now?
Well, we're just lounging around watching Duck Dynasty.
I'm pretty sure that has become one of my new favorite shows. 
I wish Si was my best friend.
And I wish D's beard was as awesome as all of their beards.
One day, one day.



You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.