2016 Resolutions

/
0 Comments
Before I begin, I need to clarify that part of 2016 does not currently include another pregnancy. haha.
I wasn't even thinking when I posted Phoenix's ultrasound picture on the blog that it did look like a pregnancy announcement- believe me, if that was an announcement, it would totally be a surprise to both Dave & I!
I know we wouldn't be opposed to a 2016 pregnancy, but honestly, because of our previous struggles, I don't even know if that's even possible.

Anyways, moving on to our 2016 resolutions!

While my mom was here visiting, she was able to watch Phoenix one night so Dave & I could have our first official "date night" since Phoenix was born.
We decided to head down to our local coffee shop and write out our 2016 resolutions for this year.
I know not everyone is a fan of New Year's resolutions, but I like the idea of using a new year to give a fresh restart on the upcoming year.
When thinking about goals I'd like to achieve for the year, I prefer to keep them realistic- making a lifestyle change so they are things I continuously work on, not just something I stick with the first month or two out of the year.
Last year I talked about how Dave & I approached our goals with the Mind, Body, and Soul aspect.
We did really well sticking to this idea and we decided to approach our resolutions in the same manner. 
So after a good cup of hot chocolate, here's what we came up with:

Mind
- Debt: Pay off our Civic, Pay down 10% of our debt
-Read one book a month [we loved doing this last year and made it through quite a few books]
- Blog 2-3 times a week [both Dave & I plan to write]
-Make wiser decisions with the resources we have available- live within our means

Body
- [Dave] Bike 3000 miles within the year [Dave, "Thanks Garett for the motivation!" Dave plans to do this with his friend Aaron because he'll admit, he can't do this alone!]
- [Heidi] Run another half marathon
- [Heidi] Find confidence in my "new" body [this might mean trying to get back to my pre-baby weight but overall, I'm just leaning more towards feeling good than being confined by a number on a scale]

Soul
- [Dave] Continue to pursue ordination
- Family devotions [right now we're starting to do a devotional when we're both up at one of Phoenix's early morning feedings]
- Date nights

I'm feeling really motivated for the goals we've set and am really excited to see how 2016 pans out!

What about you all?
What are some resolutions you've set for yourself?
How do you stay motivated and encouraged throughout the year to maintain these goals?


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.