Here's to Another New Year!

/
0 Comments

{Disclaimer: This is the early days of Phoenix, not another baby}

First & foremost, I should start out this post by saying happy [belated] New Years! What a crazy whirlwind this last year has been!
I have to laugh that the last post I wrote was from over a year ago reflecting on our first year in South Dakota & now I'm back to once again reflecting on our second year here in the great midwest.
So how did last year's resolutions end up going and what all were we up to in 2015?
Last year definitely had it's highs & lows and was a continuous emotional roller-coaster.
At the time, we were going through infertility treatments and were contemplating things like infertility meds, IUI's, and IVF's... things I never thought I would be facing at 27 years old.
To be honest, I always figured when we were ready to start a family, it would come easy to us. I never thought that pregnancy would be so much of a struggle or ever dreamed a doctor would tell me I had about a 50% of getting pregnant even after doing IVF.
In 2015, Dave was trying to figure out things like his future and career. His dream was to work with his best friend, but at the beginning of 2015 we wondered if it was only that...a dream.
Last year was a year of trusting the unknown and trying to understand God's will and direction.
We were dreaming of home, family, stability and at this time last year we were trying to understand what that would all look like.

Our resolutions for last year were to focus on the Mind, Body, and Soul aspect. We thought by focusing on these areas, it would not only help encourage healthy feasible goals, but would also create positive changes within our lives.
Mind: Do things to expand & grow
- Read one book a month
- Dave started classes to get licensed
Body: Get healthy
- Get in shape [to help encourage pregnancy] 
- Heidi go through 200 Hour program for yoga teacher training
- Dave do more biking.
Soul: 
- Be more intentional
- Read more // Reflect

2015 was all about trust.
We were trusting God had us, that He was hearing the cries of our hearts and leading us in whatever direction he was directing for us, even if that meant giving up on our dreams.
I laugh looking back on this time about just how utterly overused "Oceans" was during this time, but man, I am so thankful for the words from that song because that was my heart's cry for 2015.

You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find you in the mystery 
In oceans deep
My faith will stand.

Spirit Lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior.

I will call upon Your name
Keep my eyes above the waves
My soul will rest in Your embrace
I am Yours & You are mine.

And in 2015:
- Dave transitioned into his dream job, working with his best friend.
- We not only made smart financial decisions, but we paid down quite a bit of debt.
- We went through IVF.
- We found out we were pregnant!
- We went through the process of once again applying for a house loan and this time qualified!
- We bought a home, OUR home!
- We welcomed out little boy into the world.

What a good, overwhelming, emotion year!
2015- You were really good.
2016- We are excited to have you here.
Tomorrow I hope to share a little more about this year's resolutions, one being our intention to blog  more [hence name change].
More to come!
[Also please excuse some changes/modifications over the next couple of weeks. I'm attempting to update the blog and am trying to remember some of my super basic coding knowledge from back in the day. Wish me luck!]







You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.